Sunday, June 10, 2012

Midsummer Songaday: Day 10

Wow, 10 days in. So anyway, like I said, today is Castle Crashers.


DAY TEN: CASTLE CRASHERS - RACE AROUND THE WORLD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0egB9CVDUw&feature=player_embedded
Crediting the CC soundtrack is weird... I can put the game name, the developer name (The Behemoth) or the artist name, but that's sometimes a bit hard to track down with this one - they accepted submissions and put songs in the game. Most of the music comes from this fellow, Waterflame, a Newgrounds member who has done several video game soundtracks. Jumper, this, The Show, Swamplands, and others. However, numerous other folks submitted and got things into the soundtrack. This and Jumper are my favorite songs in the game for how they handle the crazy battle killing action with such amazing cheerfulness. They're just happy, bouncy songs. However, after those two, my third favorite is Winterbliss, made instead by Cycerin (another newgrounds member). It's damn good.
By the way, if you're looking for an opinion on the game, I haven't played much but I like what I see. It looks extremely fun if you can pull a whole group into playing it, but I haven't done so yet.

Oh, I would be lying if I said I didn't want to talk about FamilyJules7x. He's a youtube guy who does amazing covers of lots of video game songs, and he's done THREE Castle Crashers ones - a medley, the Necromancer's Theme, and Winterbliss. All three happen to be extraordinary, a dozen cuts above the usual youtube-cover quality. I plan to give him a whole day later this month, so I won't post much more. This paragraph is covered in links should you be interested right now. In fact, tonight's whole post is studded with links.

Sorry for neglecting all the other things I need to post. On the final leg of my Mass Effect Trilogy Perfect Ending Replay, approaching the finale pretty quick. I'll have everything ready for you all soon enough.

End Recording,
Ego.

EDIT: Hey, look up at the page header! I have a real logo now! Finally!

No comments :

Post a Comment