Thursday, June 21, 2012

Midsummer Songaday: Midsummer (Day 21)

MIDSUMMER, DAY TWENTY-ONE: MASS EFFECT 2 - SUICIDE MISSION
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTsD2FjmLsw&feature=player_embedded
Well, Midsummer, or the Summer Solstice, actually happened about 3 hours ago (it was around 11:00 on the 20th) but that's close enough for me to consider the 21st to be the day. I deliberated quite hard on what song gets to hold this special spot, and this song won out.
I must say, this is without a doubt one of my favorite video game songs I've ever heard, both in and out of context. I've heard dozens of remixes and loved them all, but there's something about the original. Thank you Jack Wall. I'm sorry this work of genius didn't get used or incorporated into other songs for Mass Effect 3. All I know is that this time, my whole team survived the suicide mission, and this music kept driving me on. I can't wait to get to ME2 in my Renegade Run.

Anyway, enough yammering about ME2. Enjoy the song. We're on the final stretch of Songaday!
End Recording,
Ego.

No comments :

Post a Comment