Thursday, October 25, 2012

October Songaday & Art: Day 25 (The National - Exile Vilify)

Sorry for the delay, but my homework took priority.
DAY TWENTY-FIVE: THE NATIONAL - EXILE VILIFY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-Vg2YS-sFE&feature=player_embedded
I'm crediting The National for this, but I know zero about them. I know the song from the Portal 2 soundtrack actually, and it's definitely a good piece. As such, I can't very well do a ton of info on The National, and I have no interest in doing a whole post on Portal. Heck, here, I'll summarize my thoughts about Portal:
It was a really cool game with an interesting idea that was far too short.
What about Portal 2:
AHRHGIJRGPE SO GOOD. I LOVE PORTAL 2 OH MY G-
...
Okay, I cut myself off. Goodness is that a good game. So anyway, while I obviously won't have a pile of The National links, how about some Portal 1 and 2 songs?
But first you get a piece of pixel art from me from back when Portal 2 released! So hey, art post too!
 Hope you like it. I should go back and revisit it, try to enhance some things, because despite not doing too much of it I feel like my pixel technique's improved.

Links:
The National
Portal 2

Portal 2:
Reconstructing Science
The Lab's Gone Dark
Pit Flings (hey, you a fan of the Mirror's Edge soundtrack? This one sounds like it could be in it!)
GLaDOS Emergency Shutdown Suite
Who's Ready To Make Some Science?
Part Five
Want You Gone (you better believe this'll make a blog header soon. I don't think the style fits the rest of the Songaday or it'd be the main, it's SO DAMN GOOD)
Familyjules7x's cover of Want You Gone
Some Assembly Required
Robots FTW

Portal 1:
4000 Degrees Kelvin
Still Alive

End Recording,
Ego.

No comments :

Post a Comment