Sunday, October 14, 2012

October Songaday: Day 14 (BSG The Plan - Apocalypse)

DAY FOURTEEN: BATTLESTAR GALACTICA THE PLAN - APOCALYPSE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDAedoUZPNE&feature=player_embedded
A joint work between Bear McCreary and Raya Yarbrough (his wife), this was the ending song to the post-series movie The Plan for Battlestar Galactica. On a side note, I really like the reimagined BSG, it's really a powerhouse of sci-fi television, forming the Big Three with it, Doctor Who, and Star Trek. I admit though - I haven't seen the last 6 episodes or any of the following movies, nor have I watched Caprica.
However, I've always been enchanted by the theme music for the show, and while this isn't quite an extended version of it, it's still damn good. Raya's vocals are incredible.
However, I'm actually unfamiliar with the specifics of other songs in the series - this was found through Youtube and a fan-made film music compilation, so I don't actually have this soundtrack. Should get it though...

Links:
Bear McCreary
Raya Yarbrough
Battlestar Galactica
The Main Theme Music

That's it for tonight really. Typing up stuff, but none of it's ready yet.
End Recording,
Ego.

No comments :

Post a Comment