Sunday, November 11, 2012

Sunday Songs: Metal Gear Rising: Reveangence - LQ-84i Theme

METAL GEAR RISING REVEANGENCE - LQ-84i
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jXfn4xeM5g
So, this is the boss battle theme for fighting Bladewolf LQ-84i from the Metal Gear Rising: Reveangence demo. Well, sort of. Actually, this fella shortened the full song. He seems to have left the entire part with vocals, which is the real gold of the song, and otherwise the song is over eleven minutes long, so fuck that. This is a sweet as hell action song.

I wasn't exactly pumped for MGR:R. It seemed likely to devolve into a hack 'n slash like Bayonetta - a fair worry, seeing as it's partially being made by them. However, seeing the demo (LP'd by Chip Cheezum of course - I wouldn't watch it any other way) showed me what I needed to see - that this game, while it's all action and hack 'n slash on the surface, under the hood it's a metal gear game to its core. There is an astounding amount of thought in it for a "kill stuff with a sword" game. The LQ-84i fight was the tipping point for me into excitement; it had sweeter than MGS4 robot design, it had an awesome and dynamic fight with a lot of visual flare, and got me to open my ears and hear the music. Seriously, the whole soundtrack of the demo is unbelievably good, exactly what I want. The Main Theme, Abkhazian City A, Abkhazian City A -Battle-, everything about the LQ-84i fight, Abkhazian City B, the Mistral fight song, Locked & Loaded, it's all amazing. And because this is an unreleased demo soundtrack, I don't have a single link to show for it. I'm lucky I got the embed I did.

A soundtrack like this for just the demo? Hot damn. This sure ain't Harry Gregson-Williams - this is an action soundtrack for an action game, and I'll be listening on day one, believe you me.

Sorry for the lack of links, but like I said, demo with no released soundtrack.
Back with more sweet tunes next week folks.
End Recording,
Ego.

7 comments :

  1. Hey, you said if I was interested in the Apocalypse World playbooks to comment on one of your updated posts. So here I am!

    Hey, I have a a bunch of Playbooks.
    I have a zip with a bunch of different ones - including Feral Kid, Ruin Runner, Juggernaut, Horseman, Tribal and Turncoat. A bunch of fun stuff.

    All I want is the Boy and His Dog tri fold and if you give it to me, I promise to pay it forward in! Since this is all about community. So if your interested, or feel nice, shoot me an e-mail at icemaster109@yahoo.com Let me know if anything interests you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Done and done - unless you've got The Witch-King, it's free!

      Thanks for the interest, enjoy it!
      - Ego

      Delete
  2. Such a strikingly essential article.I fundamentally wish to offer an animal continue for the standard information you have impeccable here on this post. How to Fix a Bowed Guitar Neck Without a Truss Rod

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am all that much satisfied with the substance you have specified. I needed to thank you for this awesome article.  database hackers for hire

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is rather very good, nevertheless glance at the data with this handle. mp3 music downloader

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snapchat Hackers for Hire are now available to restore deleted Snapchat Accounts, Hacked Snapchat Accounts, Lost or Forgotten Passwords and Monitoring of Accounts that belong to spouses, children or employees.  hire a hacker to get a password

    ReplyDelete
  6. The website is looking bit flashy and it catches the visitors eyes. Design is pretty simple and a good user friendly interface. Fakaza Music

    ReplyDelete