Friday, December 7, 2012

Historical Songaday: Day 7 (Xploding Plastix - Sports, Not Heavy Crime)

DAY SEVEN: XPLODING PLASTIX - SPORTS, NOT HEAVY CRIME

Xploding Plastix is a Norwegian band that plays what I can only define as neo-jazz. It incorporates electronic elements, including breakbeat aspects(more in their post-Amateur Girlfriends work), and it's good. Amateur Girlfriends Go Proskirt Agents is my favorite album by them. I think the first half of the album is spectacular, and the back half is pretty good. Treated Timber Resists Rot would be my second choice.
They haven't had much major feature in pop culture(Not even in Norway) but they've collaborated with other bands like The Kronos Quartet.
 Nothing has changed. Like, nothing.

Links:
Their website
Omar Sharif Bonanza(one of favorite songs, fantastic percussion)
Treat Me Mean, I Need The Reputation(This is my overall favorite, and is the one that put them on the map)
Behind The Eightball
Bulldozer Butterfly

End Recording,
Ego.

No comments :

Post a Comment