Sunday, September 8, 2013

Sunday Songs: Juno Reactor's "Golden Sun of the Great East" - Invisible

Before I jump in, I have an announcement: I have been approved for AdSense! Seeing as before I was rejected, and I've changed literally nothing, I have no idea what's going on. But I now have an ad box on the right side. If you ever feel like you'd like to support me in some way, clicking it is the way to do so. So I'm clear and I'm not violating policy: there is no compensation for doing so, and I'm not requesting you do so. That's just what's there.
Let me know if there's ever an ad that autoplays sound or is advertising any sort of problematic product (eg dieting solutions, anything racist/sexist/homophobic), or anything otherwise peddling negativity. I want those gone. You can contact me at any of my social media links on the right side (I'm very active on Twitter) or email me at "maxdxam @ yahoo.com". Thanks for your time, on to the music!


Gosh, what does that title refer to? Well, the big phrase in quotes, "The Golden Sun of the Great East", is the name of a very recent album by Juno Reactor, and it's all I'm talking about today. Released in April, this is a Japan album, a trend that's been cropping up in a lot of bands lately. By Japan album, I mean an album focused toward and/or released exclusively in Japan, not "Japanese-sounding". Rodrigo y Gabriela had Live In Japan as one of their few albums, both of Verona and Halestorm had special editions with unique tracks available in Japan only, it's  growing trend.

Juno Reactor's latest outing is kind of a dream. See, I like more classic Juno Reactor than their recent work (ick to Gods and Monsters). I'm a Labyrinth fella. I got my dad this album for his birthday this year, since he'd asked for it, and I wasn't sure what to expect. Much to my surprise, I got some incredible stuff! Indian instruments and sounds, mixed with the intense beats of Juno Reactor's past. It's fantastic. All the songs are pretty long, but that's okay when they're this good.

This is Invisible, my favorite track off the album.

Keeping the links brief since I'm only talking about one album and it doesn't have that many songs.
Links:
Zombie
Shine
Playing With Fire

End Recording,
Ego.

No comments :

Post a Comment