Sunday, December 15, 2013

Sunday Songs: CHVRCHES - Lungs

Feels like it's been a while since I've gotten one of these up on an actual Sunday.
Sorry, I don't have any significant details on CHVRCHES (pronounced "churches"). They're Scottish, they're synthpop, they're new, they're great. They reminded me of The Naked and Famous, though by the singer's voice I could tell they weren't even when I first heard The Mother We Share on the radio. I don't think they have the same variable range as The Naked and Famous, but they're excellent at the more narrow tone they do. I'd compare their tone to the tNaF songs Punching in a Dream and Young Blood, which I love.
This was a tough decision deciding which song to put as the embed. I instinctively reached for The Mother We Share, which is the one getting radio play and is how I found them and what convinced me to get their album. I also considered the Blood Diamonds mix of it, which has a lot more energy a the sacrifice of some of the echo-y bittersweet tone (though I love that part too). I also considered Recover, but I settled on Lungs. I'm not even sure why, but it just makes me smile, and that's a good thing for music to do.

It was really hard writing a list of links that's not their whole album (The Bones of What You Believe).

Links:
The Mother We Share
We Sink
Tether (this one is pretty different sounding, so if you're not so sure on the sound of Lungs still check this one out).
Under the Tide
Recover
You Caught The Light
The Mother we Share (Blood Diamonds Remix)

I know content other than music has been light lately, school has been very busy.I'm done done done completely by 5pm on Friday though, so I'll be jumping right into the next version of Avatar World and plowing toward a version 1.0 of Mass Effect Hack.
End Recording,
Ego.

No comments :

Post a Comment